Chris first made this recipe because he was concerned that he wouldn’t be satisfied with just wheatballs and spaghetti for dinner this past week. While that turned out not to be the case, it gave us the opportunity to build upon another recipe and make our own version of Vegan Pepper Pizza. Veggies first, of course!
Sweet and Spicy Vegan Pizza
(makes 10 to 12 servings)
- Pizza sauce
- Pizza dough (We used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 Anaheim pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- olive oil (or oil cooking spray)
- salt, pepper, oregano flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread out bell peppers, onion, garlic and peppers on lined cookie sheet. Drizzle (lightly) with olive oil and place in oven for 15 minutes -stirring occasionally. Turn oven to broil, remove and place on fresh parchment paper to cool and soak away excess oil.
Assemble & cook the pizza
This step is easy: roll out pizza dough and place on parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Spread with a thin layer of tomato sauce, add roasted veggies, and place in oven for 12 -16 minutes according to the directions for the pizza dough.
Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!
Powered by Qumana